Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our first venture in sourdough bread(Matt's favorite) proved successful. We had been working on a starter Matt's dad gave us a few weeks back. We kind of pieced together a couple different recipes in order to use the bread maker for most of the kneading and rising so we weren't quite sure what to expect but it was delicious.

In other bread making news...we have also been making some Amish Friendship Bread creations thanks to the Happel's giving us a starter. So far we have made a lemon poppy seed version and a chocolate butterscotch chip-yum. I'm not sure if that's what the Amish intended us to do with their bread but it was good. If you're interested on getting some starter let us know. We are running out of friends to give it to.

2 comments:

Monica said...

I messed up the starter I had because I neglected it. Can I get one?

The Biles said...

I LOVE sourdough!!!