Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cherry Pickin'





Turns out there is a great place to pick cherries just a few minutes from our house-who knew? Matt LOVES cherries so we went a pickin'. Neither of us had gone cherry picking before. It was fun but warm. The orchard had a great view of Mt Hood although I didn't capture it very well. We picked over 7lbs of cherries(did I mention that matt loves cherries?) and one week later we have very few left. I did make my first cherry cobbler. I'm not a fan of canned cherries or cherry pie filling but made with fresh cherries it was delicious!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!! Someday we'll have to go :) mmmm.... fresh cherries...

KimT said...

I went to the Boulder farmer's market yesterday and ranier cherries were $7 a bag!!!!!!!!!! I miss the NW already- enjoy the fresh-picked cherries for me.

Kathleen Bustamante said...

Kristi,

I've finally joined the blogging world. I'm still trying to figure a few things out, but it seems pretty easy for the most part.

Love the photos and Matt's comments about the dangerous and exciting career of engineering. I must shake his hand the next time I see him. :)

Kathleen