Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Saturday, May 17, 2008

This weekend...


This weekend we stuck around the house and did some yard work. Our neighbors were in shock. The next store neighbor actually took my picture as I was weeding because he couldn't believe it. What can I say? We're not really "yard work people". I am excited about this lavender that I planted in the pot by our front door. Sadly, the plant I had in the pot last year did not survive. I blame it on the amount of sun it got (I'm sure it wasn't my lack of watering). Hopefully, lavender is more forgiving. Any words of wisdom from the green thumbs out there?
Matt attempted to tame the jungle that is our back yard. We also broke out the patio furniture and swept off the deck. It wasn't long before the yellow jackets came by though. We had a very bad experience last year. Anybody have advice for getting rid of them or at least keeping them away from our deck? After last year, I tend to get angry whenever they are near and I want to be able to enjoy dinner on the deck and reading in my hammock in the sun. I am so excited for summer in the beautiful Northwest!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Do those little yellow jacket traps work. They look cyclindrical? I've seen them with bees in them - don't know how effective thery truly are though. Or there is always the HAZMAT suit.

Abby said...

I heard a bounce sheet works. NOt sure if this is true or not. The lavander looks pretty!