Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend on Whidby














We visited Matt's dad this weekend up on Whidby Island. Saturday was a little soggy but we still managed to get a nice hike in. We also introduced Rob to the game of Settler's. He seemed to like it by the end. We stayed at this great B&B, Spring Hill Inn. I highly recommend it if you are going to be in the area. They have a cozy little cottage with a a fireplace and the breakfast was delicious. I am still full from it. This morning we went to Meerkerk Rhodenderon Gardens and walked around. It was beautiful. I can barely keep a houseplant alive so I am amazed by people who have beautiful gardens. Whidby has such a cool feel to it. The people are so relaxed and friendly...always up for chatting. There are so many pretty hikes and beaches. I could get used to "island life" as they call it.





Can you see the bee?

The ferry ride back had a great view.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, I'm glad you had a great B&B experience! You deserve it! :)

KimT said...

Looks like fun! I absolutely loved the San Juans when I visited a few years ago. I too, could defintely get used "island life." Hope you get to go back soon.

Kim T.