Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, August 31, 2008

“ Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.”


....Apparently this is the cavers motto. Matt and I ventured up to the Ape Caves near Mt St Helens. Neither of us had been before but clearly it is a very popular attraction. There were tons of people but when we got to the upper cave we got away from the people a bit. It was interesting because at some points in the cave we would get to this big mound of boulders and I would think ok, we've hit a dead end. There's no way I can get through that but then I figure other people have done it so I start scrambling up the boulders and eventually make it over to the other side and then I'd realize: that wasn't so bad? It seems like a great metaphor for life. Sometimes things seem quite difficult when you look at the big picture but once you start up the hill...it's not so bad.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I love your metaphor! That's so true! Sometimes we run into things that seem insurmountable. But God will never put us in a situation that we can't handle. So you've got to forge ahead like you did! What a great reminder. Thank you!