Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Matt's Murmurs - a view into my world

To all my fans,



I realize that all you fortunate people that have been blessed to meet me have put me up on a pedestal. You think, "wow, he's an engineer." Yes, I can definitely relate to Tom Brady, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Michael Phelps. Guys hate me because of the looks, the prestige, the success. Gals swoon as I walk by in my hard hat with my name on the front. But, I thought I would share some pictures with you so that you won't be so intimidated by being around me the next time.



Remember that engineers are just normal guys; we're not all role models for your children. When little Johnny Junior says, "I want to be an engineer like Matt!", you show him these pictures so that he will see that it's not all glamour.



You'll be glad to know that while I was up on my 40 foot ladder, ODOT received several calls that there was a suspicious looking vehicle by the shoulder of the freeway. I am glad that the citizens of Portland are still vigilant.

1 comment:

Nic said...

OMG! When will they stop calling you a terrorist and realize you're just a humble, celebrity who's gracing Oregon with your mere existence? I think the 911 calls were actually ploys to get you out from under the bridge so they could get your autograph.