Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Saturday, February 2, 2008

mmm Focaccia Bread





I have never made bread before-well I've made banana bread and monkey bread but those don't really count. I mean the kind where you use yeast and stuff. So I came across this focaccia bread mix at Williams Sonoma (on clearance, Abby) and thought this was a good way to start. It came with yeast and the seasoning was already mixed into the flour. You had to let it rise 3 different times for a total of 2.5 hours. After much anticipation and a delicious aroma wafting through the house…I think it was a success. We made some delicious Panini sandwiches in what I call our poor man’s Panini grill (the george foreman:-). So can I say that I've made bread now or does it not count since it was a mix?

3 comments:

Abby said...

Oh yes...that counts as bread-making! Looks delcious!

The Biles said...

I disagree, doesn't count. =) Tee-hee.

Heidi C said...

Kristi, congrats! I have just ventured into the world of 'real' bread making too. Yesterday I made honey wheat oatmeal bread. It took all day, but it was worth it! Your foccacia bread looks AWESOME! Here's to 'Cooking in the City!'
Heidi C