Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A ride in the park


Yesterday was so nice that we had to take advantage of it. We packed up the bikes and went to Forest Park for a bike ride. I'm not exactly an expert cyclist like my husband. I don't even own bike shorts (unfortunately for my bum). We had to park a little ways(downhill) away from the entrance to the park and I was dying by the time we made it to the entrance. Then, Matt told me that I had my bike in the most difficult gear...OH...that helped. We did 6 miles and only got passed by one jogger (it was when I was trying to figure out the gear thing and he was going pretty fast :-) It was a beautiful day. So nice to get out and enjoy it.

4 comments:

The Biles said...

Awwww fun! I have to say that you look mighty fierce in your biking outfit. I would never believe that you couldn't make it up to the entrance. =) Let me know how kitty is doing!

Stacey said...

Hi Kristi! I found your blog too! Great job on posting things!!

Unknown said...

oooh, sounds so great!! It WAS a completely beautiful day- I'm way jealous you took advantage of it :) My Matt is also a great cyclist and I go along for the "ride" - maybe we should all go sometime :)

Heidi C said...

Kristi, looks like fun. Forest Park makes me miss POrtland! We are still surrounded by mounds of snow so I am really ready for spring.

By the way, I tried your ginger/asian lettuce wrap recipe last night and it was a big hit! Thanks for posting that!