Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Caution: High-carb zone

What is it with me and small kitchen appliances??? So, I've had this Williams-Sonoma gift card burning a hole in my wallet since Christmas. I stopped by the store a few times but was never able to make decision. Then, last week it hit me...what about a bread maker? They only carry one type of bread maker but I took it as a sign that it was stainless steel and black to match my coffee maker, food processor, toaster oven and Kitchenaid mixer:-) Isn't it beautiful?So far we've made:

Honey Whole Wheat (Matt was very excited about my purchase too):

Soft Pretzels (we haven't quite got our pretzel-forming technique down yet)...

Cinnamon Swirl Bread....


And Matt currently has a Blue Cheese and Olive bread in the oven...34 minutes to go.

7 comments:

Kami said...

That cinnamon swirl bread makes me want to go buy a bread maker right now!!

Stacey said...

wow, that looks great - I have a breadmaker, but have never been very excited about my creations. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Abby said...

Wow...I got rid of my bread maker because nothing ever looked like what you made!!! Looks delicious!

The Biles said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....can I come over?

Unknown said...

blue cheese and olive bread? will there be any left over you could bring to church on wednesday? hahaha... ;)
I love "small kitchen appliances" as well - too bad I have a "small kitchen." Where oh where do they all go?? :)
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

All looks good Matt & Kris...you are the original small appliance kitchen magician! Anybody got a mini crock and electric stick blender?
Mike

Unknown said...

Have you seen they athey creek blog roll yet? http://tinyurl.com/5mg9cx
you should add yours :) There's been some yummy recipes floating around... I know people would enjoy yours!