Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kristi's Connection: Monica

Sorry for the delay in publishing my first Kristi's Connection. For those of you who missed it, check out my blog where I explained Kristi's Connection. I think we should really take advantage of this electronic networking thing to help others. So here goes...


Monica is a great friend. I met her when I moved to Oregon 6 years ago. She and Meg and I shared an apartment at the Hawksbeard for a year and a half. I honestly can't believe she hasn't met the right person for her yet because she is a wonderful person with a big heart. She is a social worker here in the Portland area. Since this is my blog I will describe the type of person that I see her with (Monica, feel free to comment if it doesn't match with what you're thinking)....


  • great sense of humor (monica loves to laugh and has a sarcastic sense of humor)


  • a heart to help children and people in need


  • someone who can sing or has some type of music abilities (Mon has a great voice and sang in her church's gospel choir)


  • I picture someone that has had an interesting life and has good stories to tell yet is humble and doesn't share unless you pry it out of him. (yes, I've thought alot about this)


  • no vanity license plates please (bad experiences-sorry)


  • a good listener, unselfish, considerate

  • intelligent

  • I picture her with someone that is not caucasion (is that bad?). That is not to say I would rule someone out that was.


  • a man that loves the Lord and loves others


Ok, there you have it. If you have someone that you think would be a good match, let me know. Maybe we could all get together for dinner or something.

5 comments:

Abby said...

OK I will keep my eyes open!! If only I could think of someone for her...why is it the only single people I can think of are girls?
There is this really nice guy here from West Africa....that is all I know about him but he would fit the non-caucasion criteria. Oh and he goes to my church so he must love the Lord.

Nic said...

I met Monica at your Naked Lady party and found her to be extremely witty! I don't know many single folks either, but I will keep an eye out for Monica's match. She certainly sounds like a great catch!

Andrea said...

I would give Monica a good reference because she's one heck of a catch. Wish I knew some single christian men

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
What do you think about Justin your cousin in Rockford for Monica????

Monica said...

Kind of looks like your attempts to find me a date are about as successful as my own... :)