Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dog Mountain

What a beautiful weekend! We didn't want to waste it on anything productive (like yard work) so we headed to the gorge and hiked Dog Mountain. This is another one we've done several times but it is a great hike and had a beautiful view of St. Helens at the top.
My mushy memory from this hike: We first hiked this together when we had just started dating. I didn't realize how cool it could be at the top when it was warm at the start. We got to the top and started eating our lunch, Matt noticed my hands we're freezing and he did all he could to get them warm. He gave me his gloves and mittens, rubbed my hands between his and he kept blowing warm air on them to help them warm up. What a sweet guy!

No comments: