Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Baking cookies...


Today Tra-J came over (our friends BJ and Tracy). Matt and BJ watched football and played PS3. Trace and I baked and she worked on her Christmas cards. We made Gingerbread cookies, cocoa slices, Brown Sugar Ginger cookies and Bisscotti. All except the gingerbread recipe were from my Cooking Light magazine. I LOVE to bake. We had a fun time chatting and baking the afternoon away (unfortunately I forgot to take pictures until after she left).

After TraJ left, I was finishing up the gingerbread cookies and all my kitchen tools and gadgets made me think about my wonderful friends and family who have encouraged my love of baking...my friend Tennille made the apron I wore ... my wonderful husband got my Kitchenaid mixer for me...my mother-in-law gave me the subscription to Cooking Light...the wooden rolling pin I used was my grandmother's whom I never got to meet...my brother Bryan and sister-in-law gave me my recipe stand for Christmas last year...I used some wonderful cookie sheets that were given to me by Abby...I used many pampered Chef items which made me think of Meg (free plug-but I really did think of you)...and I thought of my mom who instilled my love of baking in me.

The cookies turned out well. I brought some over to the neighbors. Stop by if you'd like some :-)

1 comment:

Abby said...

Looks like fun and you are a great baker Kristi...wish I was there to sample some...