Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki

Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki
December 2012

Sunday, December 9, 2007

R.I.P. Largest Sitka Spruce..

Many of you have visited the largest sitka spruce tree on your way out to the lovely Oregon Coast. Well, sad news. She's gone. Last week's storm took her out. I visited the tree on my first crazy trip to this state. The six of us stumbled out of Bernice (meg's car) to check it out. Impressive...we thought. This article talks about what has gone on in the world since that tree has been around. Amazing! Matt and I have brought many of our visitors by to check her out so I thought I would spread the word. May she rest in peace.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Maybe you should have waited to put your tree up...you could have used this one...

Anonymous said...

Sad dog, Kristi...that was a fun little detour on our trip...I am sad to hear it has passed on! I, too, hope she will rest in peace!

Nic said...

I'm so glad you linked that article.
Driving past the tree many times through my life, and finally taking the time to stop and see it last year, it was fun to read more about it. I am sad. At least it didn't die from "villainous speculation."